Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Can't stop staring at this one








I'm most impressed with the way the architects have been able to retain the original classic feel of this home and yet have seamlessly infused modern elements, such as this beautiful staircase, without making the transition feel at all disjointed. I love the crisp white interior juxtaposed against those luscious chocolate-hued floors, the great jolt of color on that front door, and one of my favorite elements, the sliding panel door. A beautifully executed renovation. don't you agree?

4 comments:

anita said...

I do agree. Those floors!! And they picked the perfect shade of apple green for the door. love it!

Raina Cox said...

Agreed.

erin@designcrisis said...

Floors, floors, floors!

Wish we could stain all of ours that color. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

This one goes in my dream house files! It's just perfect.