Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Daily Pretty

I'm sort of stumped by the pull of this image. At first glance, it isn't a room I would think myself attracted to, and yet, I am. I find the color palette intriguing and I'm drawn to the traditional, almost Anglo space that somehow hints of Moroccan, that unabashedly red, tufted bench paired with the leopard rug and the curvy legs on the stool. Oh, and the tassels, mustn't forget those. Yep, this room is a bit of an enigma, and a sexy one at that.

{source unknown}
use this as blog signature

10 comments:

Silvia C said...

It's a beautiful space. Even with the dark color palette, it feels spacious and airy. Love it.

Unknown said...

The windows are what I think makes it so spectacular- the billowy chiffon drapes and rounded tops- so pretty...the leopard rug doesn't hurt either:) xo

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

i love this look!

nelya said...

Hello Alison! Thanks for stopping by and welcome.

erin@designcrisis said...

Gorgeousness!

mb said...

I do like the color palette... and the rug. But what seals the deal is the wonderful border around the window, door, and the curtains...so fine.

mb from Dallas

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

It's the light, too...no? There's something slightly grainy about the light, and I think you tend to gravitate toward these types of photographs. Plus it meets a lot of your style requirements in one space! :)

xoox,
-maria

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

This is gorgeous.
Sort of looks like a more authentic version of something Alessandra Branca would do -- only in Europe and older.
I love it. But then again, Orientalism and animal print do it for me every time.
Hug the kiddos, Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

paula said...

It feels rather magical.

nancy {COZAMIA} said...

Love this color combo, it's got a summery boho feel to it which I loooove.