Saturday, November 15, 2008

DE VERA








One of the most beautiful little out -of -the -way shops I have ever been to is De Vera in SOHO. It is an absolute jewel box of a store. It doesn't overwhelm in square footage, but it is overwhelmingly exquisite in every other way. The storefront is in a beautiful classic cast iron building with gorgeous worn floors, high ceilings and a fantastic gallery-like space downstairs. The inventory is at once intriguing and beguiling in its breath and scope. The shop literally has a little bit of everything: old artifacts, delicate jewelry, and curious relics. I think the jewelry selection is my favorite. This shop is a definite must-see and never a disappointment.

{all images from deveraobjects.com}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are so lovely! I think I've been to that shop too. I especially love the slightly organic, rugged feel of the third piece.