Friday, November 21, 2008

MILESTONE

big brother, october, 2008
The other day I asked the first born to help pick up toys in the keeping room and he stopped me in my tracks. Under normal circumstances a tirade would ensue, but that day he quietly complied. No screaming, no stomping up the stairs, no "I won't do it, you can't make me," or better yet, mumbling who knows what under his breath. Nope, none of the aforementioned, he simply proceeded to acknowledge and (deep intake of breath) follow my request! We have officially reached a milestone here at casa P. I told him how impressed I was with his mature behavior and how I realize that although he doesn't want to do what I asked, I certainly appreciate that he did do it nonetheless. Amidst much eyebrow raising between the mister and myself, there was no sarcasm elicited from the first born...will wonders never cease! SMILE- proud mama, the first born is growing up...

No comments: