Saturday, March 27, 2010

Love It, Hate it, Who Cares?


I've been playing around with some of Blogger's new features today. Did you know that they've expanded their template designs? Well, they have and even a techno dummy like me can work them without managing to delete her entire blog. People, that's huge. So, here's one option I've come up with and now I need to hear some voices. Tell me- do you love it, hate it, or could care less? And be honest, you won't hurt my feelings. I've got some mighty thick skin.

{If you want to try it out on your own blog, just go to blogger.com/templates}

{image unapologetically used to entice you to stop by, via everything fabulous}

update: Thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone. I guess the verdict is that I should take my own advice and stick with simple. No pomp and circumstance required. For now, anyway. Wink, wink.

Thanks! Love ya lots-

use this as blog signature

12 comments:

Mandy said...

Love it!!!! honest

Raina Cox said...

Do they have a "Crusty European walls with intriguing contemporary objet" wallpaper?

'Cause that would be PERFECT for you.

nelya said...

Raina: Noooo, but they should and believe me, I
searched for that very one! ;0)

But do you like??????

Unknown said...

Sorry, it's not my favorite - but the cakes are wonderful ;)

Have a perfect sunday

VINTAGE

MFAMB said...

i like it a lot it just doesn't go with your banner.

Rachel said...

It's very cool. But I agree with Jenny, I would change up your banner a bit... maybe that's where you could put a picture of some European antique/relic/object?? It would be a good balance with the industrial contemporary template.

Marija said...

Like the cakes. Like that the center scrolls but the page is stationary. And I like that it still loads quickly - nothing worse than a blog that takes an eternity to open (and I think the background is often the culprit). Like Jenny's suggestion to change up the banner for this background or vice versa. Totally impressed you tried this. Every time I play with mine, I'm convinced I'm going to lose the whole thing forever...

Marija

nelya said...

Thanks for the input ladies! The banner is definitely staying. It's a shot of my littlest one and I luvs it. I'll keep playing...

Limerick Mum said...

Hi Nelya...well I loved it just the way it was (sorry), personally thought you had it nailed, but hey I NO expert on blogs or templates...just someone who likes your style

Mrs C x

ticklishfromadistance said...

I am so lost. I see nothing. I must be having problems.

Raina Cox said...

Yeah, I have to agree with the other ladies of superior intelligence and discerning taste - it wasn't jiving with the photo of Sweetums.

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

I guess I missed it - and now I'm *dying* to know!! But you know my vote would have been for simple regardless. ;)

xoox,
-maria