Monday, November 1, 2010

Vacation, all I ever wanted.

The Mister and I are in dire need of some r + r. Our anniversary is coming 'round the bend and if the stars collide and the gods smile down upon us, we'll be able to steal away for a couple of days in the near future. Now to decide on a destination. Harbour Island looks to be the perfect option for a week of blissful escape. Just check out these beautiful images of India Hicks' and David Wood's properties. Yes, that India Hicks, as in daughter of David and yes, I said properties, as in four amazing choices. Including Savannah, a spectacular concrete home nestled on a private island and designed by the masterful daddy Hicks himself.


















Unfortunately, we only have a small window of opportunity for a brief escape. But, I'm definitely putting this one on my "someday wish list." Be sure to visit Hibiscus Hill for all the details.
use this as blog signature

9 comments:

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you that you guys get to escape somewhere fantabulous!!

You deserve a lovely escape.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I'm loving all of the deck furniture and that dining area with the colourful chairs- so pretty! Good luck on arranging the vacation- hubby and I are in desperate need of one too:)

Solid Frog said...

Lovely selection of pictures! I really like the yellow painting in the top pic.

susie q said...

I need a vacay too and you just provided a 5-minute escape with these photos. Just beautiful. And who knew it was all a 5-hour car drive away?

nelya said...

Hello Solid Frog! Thanks so much for stopping by and welcome!

Raina Cox said...

Drop the boys off out here in Colorado (we'll run them up and down a few mountains), and then you can take all the time you want.

paula said...

I hope you all do get time for a little getaway. Even a night does me wonders.

MFAMB said...

i love that little kitchen.
that's india hicks's place isn't it?

transfer america said...

I'm loving all of the deck furniture and that dining area with the colourful chairs- so pretty! Good luck on arranging the vacation- hubby and I are in desperate need of one too