Friday, March 13, 2009

Location::Kid Space






Although I love the simplicity and ethereal feel of an all white space, in reality I don't think I could actually live in one. The constant upkeep to ensure it remains pristine would send me into fits of madness. Nonetheless, these children's rooms make me think that it is possible, even with kiddos in the house, to live inside this white shell. The surfaces in these rooms appear to be child friendly; either plastic or a little shabby already and nothing seems overly precious. I'd love to get down on the floor and spend some playtime in these lovely spaces.
{images via photo locations}

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, it looks so peaceful.
Love all the letters on the walls and that cabinet in the 5th picture WOW...

erin@designcrisis said...

Makes me wish I had a room architecturally interesting enough to go all white. I'm pretty sure that it would end up a jelly covered mess anyway, but it would be gorgeous to begin with.

Love these!

Raina Cox said...

Hmmmm...I smell a staged location shoot. The IKEA table and chairs in the last shot don't come in white. They've be dipped in glossy paint that wouldn't stick for two minutes with a child's play.

Anonymous said...

I definitely could not live ina white space. I love the look, the peacefullness, the serenity of it...but I imagine floating dustbunnies echoing in the halls and then the faint little specs of crumbs and coffee stains on furniture and it would completely overwhelm me!

nelya said...

I'm with you Jeckabee! But it is nice to imagine, isn't it?

Thanks for stopping by!

Kristy said...

Oh, how I love white! These are so, so beautiful.

paula said...

what lovely little rooms. Not sure if my kids could go all white though.

Petit Elefant said...

I love it, but I'm wondering how many minutes it would take for my children to completely decimate it.

nelya said...

Hi there Kristy and Petit Elefant, so glad you stopped by!