Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Castle Living


Few of us will ever experience castle life, but paying a visit to Castello di Vicarello can make you feel like royalty for certain.















Yep, I feel like a blue blood just looking at these gorgeous images. Even the light appears somehow more delicate dancing along these gorgeous surfaces.

In other news, while a visit to an Italian castle is not in my immediate future, our vacation plans are coming along swimmingly. We've secured child care and have decided on New Orleans as the destination which is, without a doubt, one of my favorite cities in which to get lost. So friends, if any of you know of a must visit shopping spot, a secret foodie mecca, or a not-to-be- missed location, do share. I just know you kindred spirits have impeccable taste!

*click images to enlarge*
use this as blog signature

7 comments:

Raina Cox said...

Looks like a hardship to have to live there.

P.S. NOLa again, huh? There's just something about her...

MFAMB said...

no kidding....that place looks like a cnut hideaway!!

when are you going on vacay?

Unknown said...

i actually have a post about a castle already rearing to go - i always wondered how it would be to LIVE in one, would it feel too cold and big?! ya know? .. and New orleans - LOVE LOVE LOVE that place !!!!

PS - spreading the word - LAST DAY to *Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here* PLEASE come over and join!

*kiss kiss*
Erika

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Gorgeous, warm and totally cozy-looking castle.

Re NOLA, if you and the hubby want to do a little fine dinin', Restaurant August is great.

I also love all the little haunts on Magazine St. and would definitely recommend Lillette for lunch and Sucre for coffee and macaroons as you browse the design and art stores -- be sure and hit Perch.

For old skool antique eye candy, Royal Street...cute coffee places along there too.

For an amazing bookstore experience, Faulkner House Books on Pirate's Alley, right behind the Cabildo.

I hear Napoleon House in the French Quarter has a great bar and lounge as well.
Where are you staying?
Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

BTW, Travel & Leisure mag has a nice piece on NOLA this month.
Can you see how excited I am for you or what?
Alcira

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

my goodness those headboards and beds are exquisite!!! Makes me re-think my upholstered headboard decision.
Well not really, I always knew I liked wood better, but I cheaped out :(

Unknown said...

The beds!!!! The first one especially is so decadent and gorgeous.